YOU CAN LIKE/PLAY/WATCH SOMETHING AND ENJOY IT AND STILL LOOK AT IT CRITICALLY AND POINT OUT ITS FLAWS, WHETHER TECHNICAL OR SOCIAL OR OTHERWISE.
Rory | obsessive 18-year-old | hopes to be a sequential art major
Here is something for those interested in how our arguments about Objectification Theory in Women as Background Decorations Part 1 have been widely distorted, misrepresented and strawmanned. This long-form video by YouTuber L0G1C B0MB deconstructs some of the many logical fallacies leveled at Tropes vs Women in Video Games by one particularly confused detractor. It’s a refreshing change to see a supportive video response to our series.
[CONTENT WARNING for gameplay footage of violence against women]
- Do not forget Michael Brown
- Do not forget how the media dehumanized him and tried to justify his murder
- Do not forget how peaceful protests were painted as savage riots
- Do not forget police armed with military grade weapons terrorized and arrested black civilians
- Do not forget Darren Wilson being awarded over $400,000 in fundraiser donations for murdering an unarmed black child
- Do not forget that this system was not built to defend us, but to control us
- Do not forget Ferguson
ok so we all know sebastian has pretty great legs right i mean look at em
but can we please take a moment and just appreciate
his thighs are in tHE WINTER SOLDIER
SOMEONE CALL LIFE ALERT